1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 20, 2012 2:16 PM by SarahDoyle

FMP Trial Installer Opening in Terminal?

SarahDoyle

Title

FMP Trial Installer Opening in Terminal?

Hello!

I'm sure I'm missing something, but since the FMP for Mac (Lion) instructions don't mention anything about installing through Terminal, I'm not sure what to do next. 

I've downloaded the trial, opened the package, doubleclicked the FileMaker Pro 11 Trial Installer folder, and double-clicked the installer file.  I get a terminal window titled FileMaker Pro 11.mpkg - bash - 84x24.

This looks like an installer log...?  But then how do I actually install? 

Thanks so much for any help!  I can usually find my way around software when it comes to a GUI, but have no idea what to do with Terminal unless I'm following a set of specific command instructions. 

Best,
      -SJD

• 1. Re: FMP Trial Installer Opening in Terminal?
          SarahDoyle

Solved after calling Tech Support, and am posting the answer in case it helps anyone else:

For whatever reason (and this didn't happen when I installed Bento yesterday), but the installer .mpkg file was set to "Open with..." Terminal.  If this happens to you, you'll need to open with the Installer application that's actually built into Mac OS X.

How to navigate to the Installer application:

• For Mac OS X versions prior to 10.5: /Applications/Utilities/Installer.app.
          • For Mac OS X version 10.5 and later: /System/Library/CoreServices/Installer.app.

Hope this helps!
          -SJD