1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 5, 2012 1:50 PM by davidanders

FMP v12: Theme question - How to Change a Field's Background Color When its Contents Are Selected?

WF7A

Title

FMP v12: Theme question - How to Change a Field's Background Color When its Contents Are Selected?

Greets:

In the Electric theme that comes with FMP v12.x, I want to change a field's background color when its contents are selected. Currently, it looks like it's set to RGB 167:202:255 but I want to change it to a darker color. I examined the electric.css file but couldn't find any appropriate coding in there...either because of my oversight or it's not in there.

TIA for your help!

Field.png

• 1. Re: FMP v12: Theme question - How to Change a Field's Background Color When its Contents Are Selected?
          davidanders

I suggest reading this.

http://help.filemaker.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/10785/~/overview-of-themes-in-filemaker-pro
          Overview Of themes In FileMaker Pro

What are the new features and functionality of themes in FileMaker Pro?
          Answer ID: 10785
          Last Updated: Jul 17, 2012 08:02 AM PDT

http://help.filemaker.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/10880/~/externally-created-custom-themes-are-not-supported-in-filemaker-12
          Externally created custom themes are not supported in FileMaker 12

Answer ID: 10880Last Updated: Apr 19, 2012 12:34 PM PDT

Products
          • FileMaker Pro
          •    12.x
          • FileMaker Pro Advanced
          •    12.x

FileMaker 12 includes 40 themes that can be applied to new or existing layouts to generate an integrated professional look.  Similar to our starter solutions we view these themes as starting points for layout design.  You can apply the provided themes and then use layout editing tools to modify the objects on your layouts.

While you can modify layouts, it is not possible in FileMaker Pro 12 to modify and save a theme.  We realize that you may want to create custom themes to use within your databases or to share with others.  We may consider such a feature in the future.

The file format for themes is proprietary and for use by the FileMaker engine. Themes are not designed to have a public, open file format.  Some individuals may attempt to modify FileMaker themes or construct theme creation tools.  Use of such externally created themes is not supported by FileMaker, and may cause problems.  In particular:

• externally created themes may cause FileMaker 12 to have unexpected behavior
          • updates to FileMaker 12, including vRevs, may overwrite or erase external theme files
          • updates to FileMaker 12 may cause externally developed theme files to become unreadable
          • updates to FileMaker 12 may make databases that have applied externally developed theme files to become unreliable or unusable

In summary: we strongly discourage using externally developed themes with FileMaker 12.