4 Replies Latest reply on May 14, 2015 8:41 AM by j.hall

FMP/A14 Windows 7 PDFs

j.hall

Title

FMP/A14 Windows 7 PDFs

I have a solution that stores some PDFs externally to the database. Since upgrading to 14 yesterday on a few test machines, it appears that the Adobe Plug in is not being loaded in Filemaker for Windows. Everything is working properly on the Mac. But when I go to a layout with a PDF to display, it gets pushed to Adobe Acrobat and not being viewed in Filemaker.

I'm trying to figure out why but I am on a Fresh install of Windows 7, all updated, Fresh install of FMPA14 and Acrobat Pro XI.

Help?

• 1. Re: FMP/A14 Windows 7 PDFs
          philmodjunk

Sounds like something to report as a possible bug over in Report an Issue, but as far as I know, there is no adobe plug in in FileMaker. There is one in Internet Explorer that can affect web viewers and interactive container fields as these use a "web kit" based on  IE in windows systems.

• 2. Re: FMP/A14 Windows 7 PDFs
            j.hall

Yes, that's what I was driving at. Not a plugin specifically for Filemaker. But in the past as long as IE could bring up a PDF in browser that is how PDFs would behave in Filemaker. However, now that seems to be broken. They will pull up on the Mac using Preview in the container field. But on windows it just forces it to download from the external store and opens it in Adobe instead of in the container.

• 3. Re: FMP/A14 Windows 7 PDFs
              philmodjunk

Which is why you need to report this as a possible bug so that you can bring this to the attention of the techs that monitor the Report an Issue section of the forum.

• 4. Re: FMP/A14 Windows 7 PDFs
                j.hall

I just finished posting it over there. 

Hope it helps. Let me know if there is anything I can do to test it