1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 19, 2009 8:45 PM by casey777

FMP10 sending email not working, many screen shots provided

AAgraphics

Title

FMP10 sending email not working, many screen shots provided

We are using FMP 10 on Mac and PC.  The SMTP feature was working.  We have made some minor adjustments to the database, but nothing related to the "send mail" feature.  I have no idea why the send mail feature is not working.  So, any help is greatly appreciated.  Below are screen shots of the particulars:

Below is the error we are receiving:

Error 

This is what it looks like in the layout (see below).  The user selects who the question is for using a value list and the users email address is automatically entered into the field "Questions From" field using the account name and a related name.  After all of the information is entered, the user then clicks on the "Email Questions" and it is supposed to send the question as an email. 

Layout view 

Here are the relevant database fields:

Database Fields 

Here are the other fields in a related table:

Related Table 

Here is the send mail dialog box:

Send Mail Dialog Box 

Then, the send mail options:

Send Mail Options 

Here are the SMTP options:

SMTP Options 

Hopefully the information above explains everything.  I have no idea why the send mail feature is not functioning like it was before.  Thank you! 

• 1. Re: FMP10 sending email not working, many screen shots provided
          casey777

I'm guessing here ... did you change the login emails::name? That I believe needs to be a registered email address(s) with the SMTP server. And, is the name of the SMTP server correct? Or, the authentication - should you be using a user name and password?

If you are using or have access to a copy of FMP 10 Advanced, run the script debugger and data viewer to watch the field values as you go.