2 Replies Latest reply on May 22, 2012 3:09 PM by mrbill

FMP12 Fields have :: in layout, unselctable

mrbill

Title

FMP12 Fields have :: in layout, unselctable

Hello- Touch to explain, but here goes.

I have a layout that has fields within in (obviously). Those fields have a :: in front of the name. I cannot select the fields. When I specify the field, it still gives me the :: and I cannot input any values into those fields. Pict is enclosed.

Ever seen this and what have I done wrong?

Thanks!

Field_Snap.png

• 1. Re: FMP12 Fields have :: in layout, unselctable
          philmodjunk

The :: in ::fieldname indicates that the field is from a different table occurrence than the one specified in Layout setup | Show Records From for this layout. In manage | database | Relationships, you should have a relationship that links the layout's table occurrence to this field's table occurrence. If the relationship is invalid (key field in layout's table is empty) or no related record exists in the related table and "allow creation of records via this relationship" was not selected for this related table in the relationship that links it to the layout's table occurrence, then you will be unable to enter data into this field until this is corrected.

• 2. Re: FMP12 Fields have :: in layout, unselctable
            mrbill

Ugh... Yep.. That makes sense. I see what's its doing. Hmmm... Now how to make it right. Thanks! At least I have a direction ow.