AnsweredAssumed Answered

FMP12 slow, freezes or hangs, reports "not responding" for 30 seconds between clicks

Question asked by WilliamCassels on May 27, 2014
Latest reply on May 28, 2014 by WilliamCassels

Title

FMP12 slow, freezes or hangs, reports "not responding" for 30 seconds between clicks

FMP12.0v4, on Toshiba A505 Intel Core i3 2.13GHz 64bit OS running Windows 7 Home Premium

Same problem in 3 FMP12 files.  All 3 have 27 fields, including text (9 are indexed), date, number (1 indexed), and two container fields (one for image reference, one for thumbnail of same image).  One of these FMP12 files has fewer than 300 records.  Nearly every click to navigate causes about 20-30 second freeze, sometimes leading to report of "not responding" at top of window.  I click only once, and wait until action accomplished.  Even changing from form view to table view or list view takes 10-20 seconds.  Exit Layout leads to 30 second delay, and a "not responding" message before it finally accomplishes the action. 

These files have been slow from day one.  I'm just finally trying to resolve the problem.  Perhaps there is something I can do to optimize the tables or data.  Maybe the image or thumbnail is the problem.  But the fact that the software is even slow for changing views and inputing data in number and text fields and changing fields in the table view, makes me think it's not the image containers.

Help

Outcomes