Please check that you don't have a previous version of Bento installed. I had both Bento v3 and v4 installed and when trying to open in FMP 12 got the same errors. When I deleted v3, keeping only v4, I was able to import with success.
Thanks... Will Do.
Actually, just found a workaround. Hope it helps others who's FMP12 is crashing with Bento:
Steps to work around:
- Expose the user library from within the terminal
- Copy the bento.bentodb file to the desktop top (DO NOT MOVE ORIGINAL!!!)
- Go to FMP12 home screen, click Convert
- In the convert dialog box, navigate to desktop
- From file type drop down, select 'all file types' (bentobd file will still be greyed out)
- Then select Bento from file type pull down and it seems to work.
Posted all this into the report and issue.
Final note: Its pretty wonky. Meaning it may be better off just to export from Bento to CSV and then import. Not sure... its a tossup because FMP creates a new DB for each library. Wonky.