2 Replies Latest reply on May 30, 2014 8:19 PM by SamRembert

FMP13 not saving files?!?!!?!

SamRembert

Title

FMP13 not saving files?!?!!?!

One of my favorite things about Filemaker has always been that's it's a "save as you go" piece of software.  There has never been a reason to remember to save, because every record, every layout change, everything is saved immediately to the file.

Well, apparently not anymore.  I got a bit suspicious with a file I was working on yesterday, and when I opened it last night, something didn't seem right.  Some stuff I thought I had done wasn't there.  Since I was tired, I figured I must just be imagining things.

Then today...I spent all day pouring over a the file getting all sorts of new layouts made.  And when I got home and opened the file, it was the file from yesterday, again.  None of the work I did all day long was saved.  It's all gone.  I've searched all over my computer, and cannot find anything that may be hidden.  A day and a half of work wasted, all of which will have to be done again.

I recently upgraded my laptop to Mavericks, and updated to FMP13 yesterday.  Is this some new "feature" I don't know about where things aren't saved as before?  

• 1. Re: FMP13 not saving files?!?!!?!
          RickWhitelaw

Strange. Is this file hosted or simply local on your laptop? If local on the laptop I find it difficult to understand why it would be different when you got home.

Edit: if you were away from home and working on a hosted file then opened the same file on your laptop locally changes made on the hosted file would not show up on your laptop until you pulled the file from the server to your laptop.
          • 2. Re: FMP13 not saving files?!?!!?!
            SamRembert

It's local on my laptop.  It is the strangest thing I've ever had happen with Filemaker.  The only thing I can imagine is that the file was open on my laptop overnight while my syncing program ran to back up everything, and somehow as I worked throughout the day, it was working on a ghost file of some sort.  

Now, to start over....