2 Replies Latest reply on May 15, 2014 2:41 PM by ronhofius

FMPA 13.0v3 Patch apparent bug

ronhofius

Title

FMPA 13.0v3 Patch apparent bug

I'm running Filemaker 13 advanced on Windows version 8.1 Pro fully patched, version 6.3 (build 9600)

When I apply the 13.0v3 updater to Filemaker Pro Advanced, All of my windows using "resize to fit" are about a quarter inch too big horizontally. So if everything is positioned to the left as by default, there's a quarter inch extra apace on the right. Where windows used to be flush side-by-side, there's now about a 1/4 inch overlap, etc. THe attached issue shows a sample layout before and after.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Filemaker from scratch a few times, and if I reinstall it without the V3 updater, all is OK. As soon as I apply the updater again, I get the problem.

I have another user with the same environment: same hardware, same OS version, but he doesn't have the problem. The patch worked without incident on his.

My work-around is to uninstall Filemaker and reinstall it without the updater.

Has anyone seen this?  Anyone from Filemaker have any ideas?

FM_Patch_Issue.JPG

• 1. Re: FMPA 13.0v3 Patch apparent bug
          philmodjunk

Possible bugs should be reported in Report an Issue. The TS people from FileMaker that monitor that section need to know when there is such a change occurring.

When you report this over there, check the Windows Display control panel and let them know what percentage was specified and if changing the percentage (if you do not have it set at 100%) makes any difference. There have been a number of issues with this setting reported for FileMaker 13 and it could be that you are looking at a side effect produced by attempts to fix one or more of those issues.

• 2. Re: FMPA 13.0v3 Patch apparent bug
            ronhofius

I was looking for the "report an issue" choice but missed it. Got it posted there now. Thanks.