4 Replies Latest reply on May 13, 2015 8:23 AM by Mac89

FMPA 14: Save Records as PDF Script Bug - Generates Save Error, Will Not Write Files

Mac89

Title

FMPA 14: Save Records as PDF Script Bug - Generates Save Error, Will Not Write Files

When running the "Save Records as PDF" script in FMPA 14.0.1 it generates the following error and will not write the file. Unfortunately the rest of the script continues to run minus the file. In our case resulting in an email being sent to clients without the attachment.

The error message is:

""FileX.pdf" could not be created on this disk. Use a different name, make more room on the disk, unlock it or use a different disk."

This script step worked fine for in 13.0.9. Immediately after it failed in 14.0.1, I opened up 13.0.9 and ran the same script and it worked fine.

In this case the database file I am accessing is hosted on FMS 13.0.9.

As an additional test. I opened up the same record and selected "Save Record as PDF" from the File menu and saved it to the same folder with the same filename without issue in 14.0.1. It only seems to have an issue when done through the script step.

This one is a deal breaker for our shop since we cannot save any files via scripts.