7 Replies Latest reply on May 23, 2013 12:46 PM by WallaceKarraker

FMPro 12 crashing when trying to enable IWP

robdownunder

Title

FMPro 12 crashing when trying to enable IWP

Just tried to enable Instant Web Publishing on my db and FMPro12 Adv crashes every time with a Bus Error: 10.

Is this a known problem ?

To reproduce I go to File/Sharing/Instant Web Publishing,  choose the open file, toggle to 'on' and hit 'OK'.

• 1. Re: FMPro 12 crashing when trying to enable IWP
          davidanders

Computer model? RAM? Operating System version? Networking how - cable or wirless? Restart with only FMPA running - same results? Any unusual networking software running?  User has admin rights? If Windows, firewall(s) running, security software running?
          FMPA has been installed running okay?

• 2. Re: FMPro 12 crashing when trying to enable IWP
            robdownunder

Mac OSX 10.8.1, 16gb ram, wireless network.  Admin rights.

Just tried it on another iMac.  Same result.

Tried with a different database. Still crashes.

• 3. Re: FMPro 12 crashing when trying to enable IWP
              robdownunder

I revisited this problem today. IWP isn't critical, I just wanted to play with it.

The crash happens in v12.0.2 

An old copy of v12.0.1 doesn't have the problem. Switching IWP on in 12.0.1 is fine, but opening the db in 12.0.2 produced the crash on starrtup.

I downloaded the v12.0.2 update again to see if making a new 12.0.2 would help.

It didn't. Instant crash as before.

Anyone else here with v12.0.2 of Filemaker Advanced for Mac having better luck ?

• 4. Re: FMPro 12 crashing when trying to enable IWP
                WallaceKarraker

I, too, am experiencing this. I've tried many different ways to try to make this work and haven't had much luck. I'm running with the following configuration...

•           FileMaker Pro 12.0.4
                •      
                •           Mountain Lion (10.8.3)
                •      
                •           MacPro (MacPro 5,1)
                •      
                •           32GB RAM
                •      
                •           over 700GB of free space

I have an old workhorse computer running 10.6.8 that is working fine but I cannot get my main machine to work with IWP. As soon as I enable IWP and click the 'OK' button on the 'Instant Web Publishing' page the application crashes. This happens with or without databases open. I dutifully add information to the Comments box just in case it gets noticed.

Crashed Thread:  0  Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type:  EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGBUS)

Exception Codes: KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE at 0x0000000000000000

I've repaired the permissions multiple times, tried Safe Boot and reinstalling the application from scratch, no luck. 

• 5. Re: FMPro 12 crashing when trying to enable IWP
                  davidanders

Create a new user (admin rights) and test? [System Preferences - Acccounts]

Disable any third party application or untility having to do with Networking (Firewall, Snitch, etc)

You are using default Port 80 or preferred Port 591  and port is forwarded in local router?

• 6. Re: FMPro 12 crashing when trying to enable IWP
                    WallaceKarraker

Already tried that, also enabled the Root user and tried with that with no luck. At least with the Root user it gave me an error instead of failing outright, just tells me it is unable to start IWP. Was going to try a fresh install but it's complaining my serial numbers aren't valid. Will need to dive into deeper. 

• 7. Re: FMPro 12 crashing when trying to enable IWP
                      WallaceKarraker

After reinstalling the application as the root user I am able to activate IWP again. I deleted everything FileMaker related from my computer before installing as root, about a month ago I had tried a fresh install under my normal account (with admin privs) but was unable to activate IWP.