3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 29, 2014 6:18 AM by philmodjunk

Font Problem in Multi User Upgrade

brodlang

Title

Font Problem in Multi User Upgrade

I recently upgraded my desktop FMP Advanced from 12.0 to 13.0.  I also have 10 other users on FMP 12.0 and FMP Server 12.0 and will be upgrading them soon.  I designed a report on my 13.0 using Times New Roman 10 point font.  When other users open this report, it comes up as Arial 12 point, and so is not correctly formatted on the page.  Can I assume this will go away once we're all on the same version or am I doing something else wrong?  I haven't had this problem in the past while we were all on the same version.

• 1. Re: Font Problem in Multi User Upgrade
          philmodjunk

The change in FileMaker versions shouldn't result in a font substitution, so it's not clear why this happened in your case. (As a test, I modified some layout text to be Times New Roman in FMP 13, then closed the file and re-opened it in FMP 12, the layout text displayed as Times New Roman.

If this is data in a field, make sure that the data in the field hasn't been formatted as Arial as that will supersede a Times New Roman format specified for the field while in layout mode for the record where the data was formatted.

• 2. Re: Font Problem in Multi User Upgrade
            brodlang

Hi Phil,

The form where the data is typed in, is Tahoma 12 pt. for the data and the field names.  The report (for printing only) is formatted in TNR 10 pt.  Works fine on my desktop, but the data and field names come up in Arial 12 pt on other desktops.  Unless you have any other suggestions, I'll wait until we're all updated to the same version.

• 3. Re: Font Problem in Multi User Upgrade
              philmodjunk

I have my doubts that the update will make any difference but the cause of the font substitution that you are seeing is unclear.