5 Replies Latest reply on Feb 16, 2015 12:03 PM by RickWhitelaw

font synchronisation

LouisPons

Title

font synchronisation

Hi, 

I am struggling to synchronies al my text fields to the same font. I tried "synchronies with field font" but it doesn't seem to work. I often copy text from mails or CV's and I have to set the right font and size by hand every time. Is it possible to ask filmmaker to always use the right font and size? 

Thanks

Schermafbeelding_2015-02-16_om_13.32.18.png

• 1. Re: font synchronisation
          philmodjunk

when you copy and paste text into a field in FileMaker, the formatting "tags" are pasted with the text and this formatting supersedes the formatting you specify for the field while in layout mode.

The following expression will automatically strip out all such formatting if defined as an auto-enter calculation:

TextFormatRemove ( self )

Be sure to clear the "do not replace existing value" check box.

TextFormatRemove ( fieldnamegoeshere )

can be used with replace field contents to strip the formatting out of existing data in your table.

• 2. Re: font synchronisation
            LouisPons

Hi, 

thanks for the answer. But I don't see where you get TexFormatRemove. Are you talking about a script function? 

Can you guide me to where to find it? 

Thanks. 

• 3. Re: font synchronisation
              philmodjunk

This is a calculation function you select in the specify calculation dialog. I'm not describing something to do inside Manage | Scripts, but from Manage | Database | Fields where you double click the field definition to open up the field options dialog.

• 4. Re: font synchronisation
                LouisPons

Hi Phil; 

This worked out fine with the replace field function which saved me a lot of work. But how do I get it to work automatically while i put in the data? Say I copy from a word document that has a different font and size? 

Thanks. 

• 5. Re: font synchronisation
                  RickWhitelaw

Phil explained it already:  TextFormatRemove ( self )   as an auto entered calculation.