3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 17, 2008 9:56 PM by davidanders

Fonts Missing from Filemaker Pro 9

jsheldon

Title

Fonts Missing from Filemaker Pro 9

Scenario:  I have two users on one Mac using the same Filemaker Pro 9 database.  One of the users under Format -> Fonts has Kievit-Book.  The other user does NOT have this font; therefore, she cannot print preview mode layouts that use this font.  It defaults to Arial or something similar, apparently.  

I have searched everywhere and cannot find how to add fonts.  I have also checked the Fonts folder in the user's Library and do not see this Kievit-Book.  

How do I add this font for my other filemaker user?   

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks! 

• 1. Re: Fonts Missing from Filemaker Pro 9
          Kundinger

Hi "jsheldon",

Quick answer...  the user with the "Kievit-Book" font, most likely installed an application that automatically loaded this font into the user's home folder and NOT the computer system.  Or, the user with the "Kievit-Book" font, manually loaded this font into their user's home folder and NOT the computer system.

BACKGROUND:  Mac OS X has many places for fonts to reside... 

- MacHD/Users/USER_NAME/Library/Fonts   (available to this user only)
            - MacHD/Library/Fonts   (available to any user of any app on this computer)
            - MacHD/System/Library/Fonts   (used by the operating system of this computer)
            - MacHD/System Folder/Fonts   (this is OS9 system folder) 
            - Network/Library/Fonts   (this allows for sharing one set of fonts)

For further details, see Apple's KnowledgeBase Article...

Apple's OSX includes the "Font Book" application (Applications folder) to allow users and computer administrators to manage fonts. 

I hope this helps you and any other interested readers... Good Luck!!!

Kundinger

• 2. Re: Fonts Missing from Filemaker Pro 9
            jsheldon
               Thanks a million!  
            • 3. Re: Fonts Missing from Filemaker Pro 9
              davidanders

I would suggest investigating Font Explorer X by Linotype

I have many clients using it and all are happy. 

http://www.linotype.com/fontexplorerX