AnsweredAssumed Answered

Forced to use another layout to assign a value to auto-enter related field

Question asked by Invectus on Sep 27, 2009
Latest reply on May 21, 2014 by lordhellfire

Title

Forced to use another layout to assign a value to auto-enter related field

Hi there,

Here's a brief background of my issue:

I have an order entry layout where a user can also specify the type of payment the customer will be using. 

The order entry layout populates its records from the ORDERS table and the "PAYMENTS::payment_type" field retrieves its data from the PAYMENTS table.

The PAYMENTS table is related to the ORDERS table through the INVOICES table where the PAYMENTS table acts as a child to the INVOICES table.

A record can be created on the payments table through the relationship. 

The problem:

When the user creates a new order and tries to specify the payment type from the "payment_type" field, the following message is displayed:

"PAYMENTS::Payment_ID" is defined to require a value, but it is not available on this layout. Use another layout to assign a value to this field.

The prompt gives the user the option of either reverting the field or telling the system to use another layout to assign a value to this field.

I should note that the "PAYMENTS::Payment_ID" field in question is obviously the primary key of the PAYMENTS table and is defined as an auto-entry field.

I understand that FM is having issues creating a related record in the PAYMENTS table and assign a payment ID.

My question is: Why? 

I never used to have this issue before and I'm wondering what's going on.

Any help will be appreciated.

Outcomes