5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 24, 2009 7:29 AM by TSGal

Form functionality trouble when using IWP

tamu

Title

Form functionality trouble when using IWP

None of the arrows for my drop-down value lists appear on forms until a user selects one of the fields through IWP.  I added a "select object" to my script buttons that are used for navigating to various forms, but that didn't work.  Any thoughts?

• 1. Re: Form functionality trouble when using IWP
          TSGal

tamu:

Thank you for your post.

When you look at a database form via IWP, you are viewing the contents of the record.  When you click into a field, that immediately puts you into edit mode, and all formatting becomes available.  Value lists for pop-ups and drop-downs will then display the arrow.

If you have a button on a layout, that should execute without having to enter Edit mode.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Form functionality trouble when using IWP
            tamu
               What sort of button would I add to the layout?  There isn't a script option for "enter edit mode".  I only see "enter browse mode" and "enter find mode" as IWP compatible.
            • 3. Re: Form functionality trouble when using IWP
              TSGal

tamu:

Sorry for the confusion.  I shouldn't have used edit "mode".

In Browse Mode, you are able to see the information.  If you click into a field, you are now editing the information.  By clicking outside of a field, the record is then saved, and no field is active.  In all cases, you are still in Browse Mode.

To display the formatting, create a button that executes:

Go to Field

... and specify the first field.  This will put you in the editing phase of Browse Mode, and the formatting will appear.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 4. Re: Form functionality trouble when using IWP
                tamu

I added the button as suggested, and it works.  I am now trying to add the step to the tail end of a script that navigates the user to the form.  Using the exact same parameters.  It still isn't working.

• 5. Re: Form functionality trouble when using IWP
                  TSGal

tamu:

I just tried this out on both a Mac and Windows machine, using Safari and Firefox (on both machines), and this is working properly.

My script steps are:

Go to Layout [ <name of layout with drop down list> ]

Go to Field [ <name of any field> ] 

Please list the steps in your script, and I will try to duplicate the problem.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.