3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 16, 2012 9:21 PM by philmodjunk

Form layout leveraging two Many-to-Many relationships

daverd

Title

Form layout leveraging two Many-to-Many relationships

I am having trouble figuring out how to create a Form layout that taps into three tables that are linked through two many-to-many relationships (m-m) via two join tables.  Does anyone have experience with such a configuration?

My work-in-progress database centers on money lending.  There are properties, borrowers, and loans.  There is a many-to-many relationship between properties and borrowers.  There is a many-to-many relationship between borrowers and loans.  Bring all three entities together and one has a single Deal.

Attached shows how I've setup the relationships.  My goal is to create a Form layout for the data entry of a Deal.

In the articles I've read regarding Forms and m-m, it is assumed just one m-m.  However, with two m-m's, I am now confused.  I've looked at the Invoices starter solution but there are too mamy attributes set beyond the fundamentals that I can't judget what is critical me and what is extra.

Can anyone explain to me or point me to a resource that shows the fundamentals for what I want to accomplish? 

-David

Many-to-Many-to-Many.png