3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 10, 2008 10:05 PM by Vaughan

Form Letters

Thicks

Title

Form Letters

I'm very new to FM and looking at redesigning a small database that we have. I would like to create multiple form letters to print after data was entered. Is this easy to do? anyone know where good referrece material on this is?

Thanks

• 1. Re: Form Letters
          TSGal

Thicks:

Thank you for your post.

There are several ways to do this, but here are two scenarios that may help.

First, create a new layout with the form letter.  Include the fields on the form where you want to appear.  Go to Browse, and then go to Preview Mode to see how it will print.  If you have multiple form letters, you can either put them on separate pages of one layout, or have multiple layouts and have a script print each layout.

Another method is to export your information to a text file that a word processor can read for mail merge.  Word processing software is built for mail merge, so this is another option.  If you don't mind using two different applications, this is another solution.

If you need to drill down to more basic fundamentals, let me know, and I'll help you further.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Form Letters
            Thicks
               thank you I'm sure I'll have more questions along the way:robotvery-happy:
            • 3. Re: Form Letters
              Vaughan

Some time ago I posted a letter merge demo file to another forum... you might find it useful. ;)

Merged Letter Demo