2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 6, 2009 3:43 AM by BPI1

formatting

BPI1

Title

formatting

Is there a way to continue a field on a second page of a document, without just dragging it over the page break?  I would like to copy the field to a different spot in the layout, and have it continue where it left off from the first page.

• 1. Re: formatting
          TSGal

BPI1:

Thank you for your post.

No, you cannot have a field continue to a second page in a different position.  One possibility is to create a Title Header and a Header part.  You can place the fields you want to display on the second page in the Header, and then have the field drag over the page break.  The field will continue, after the Header information is displayed.

Another possibility is to create two different fields.  One field will display on the first page, and the second field will display on the second page.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 2. Re: formatting
            BPI1

Thanks for the reply, I hadn't found a way to do this and wasn't sure if I was just missing something.  I recently upgraded from Version 6 to 10 and I was hoping they had added that feature.  It would be great for newsletters or procedure manuals.   I have been using multiple fields so I will continue with that method.