Replace Field Contents is a tool you can use to repair bad data in multiple records all in one Batch operation.
Here's an example, but you may need to modify the calculation I'm using if more characters are permitted than Uppercase letters and the digits 0...9.
- Make a back up copy of your file.
- Go to a layout that displays the text field
- Select Show All records
- click or tab into your text field
- Select Replace field contents and select the calculation option
- Enter a calculation similar to this:
Filter ( Upper ( Yourtable::YourTextField ) ; "0123456789ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ" )
- That calculation will map all lower case letters to upper case and then filter out every character except those listed in quotes.
Perfect! Thank you.