4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 23, 2010 9:51 AM by mnrk

Formatting a field Automaticly

mnrk

Title

Formatting a field Automaticly

How do I format my fields ie address fields so that I can use Title Case. I want to be able to tab out of the field and then that field changes format and inserts TitleCase?

Can anyone help me please? 

• 1. Re: Formatting a field Automaticly
          mrvodka

Turn on Auto-enter on the field with calculated value of: TextStyleAdd ( Self; Titlecase )

Make sure 'Do not replace existing' is unchecked.

• 2. Re: Formatting a field Automaticly
            mnrk

Thank you Mr Vodka, I did something to my Database last week that did the same thing but when I closed the program it would edit the fields. I can't remember for the life of me what it was now! I'm just trying to remember as I dont want to end up doing several edits and changes that one day will make no sense what i've done! 

At the moment them fields now say indexed if thats any help! I have gone into everything and cant find what it is that I did, I do know I entered textedit and titlecase but cant find where I put it! Its now lost in space and I need it back! 

• 3. Re: Formatting a field Automaticly
              mrvodka
                 If you have FileMaker Advanced you could pull a DDR and then search through there to help you try and find a keyword such as TitleCase
              • 4. Re: Formatting a field Automaticly
                mnrk
                   Brilliant thank you, I have got the Advanced version and will go through it now. Hopefully i'll find what I done. I created the Company to auto uppercase the whole field and when you tab out of the field it does it infront of you where as my titlecase seams to do it when i exit the program. I want to make all the fields to update when tab is used to change fields.