2 Replies Latest reply on May 25, 2012 9:43 AM by philmodjunk

Formatting existing data in a table column

ahcho

Title

Formatting existing data in a table column

Hello!

I have a column of data that was imported from an excel spreadsheet that is formatted in a mish-mash of capitalized text entries and non-capitalized.

What's the easiest way to format the information in the same manner? I found the Proper() function...do I just have to use a looping script? Is there a way at the import step to perform a check?

Aaron

• 1. Re: Formatting existing data in a table column
          davidanders

http://www.foundationdbs.com/downloads.html

Universal Capitalizer (version 1.04)

WARNING: UNIVERSAL CAPITALIZER IS OBSOLETE... DOWNLOAD "WHITE PAPER FOR FMP NOVICES" ABOVE FOR A NEWER, AND FAR SIMPLER REPLACEMENT CALC.

THIS FILE REMAINS HERE FOR EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY.
          TEAR IT APART, SEE WHAT MAKES IT TICK!

White Paper for FMP Novices (version 2.01; released 10/17/2011)

WhitePaperForFMPNovices.pdf    1.3MB (If on Windows: right-click, select "Save Target As...": Adobe PDF format)

A compilation of important advice on how to design a database, and what mistakes not to make. This document contains much-needed advice not available elsewhere that the FileMaker Pro newcomer must have to do a proper job. Currently covering over 100 important topics in as many pages, this is a must-have for any FileMaker novice or intermediate.

• 2. Re: Formatting existing data in a table column
            philmodjunk

You can try selecting the field while in layout mode and selecting "Title Case" to see if the results work for you--that's the layout style equivalent of the Proper Function.