2 Replies Latest reply on May 29, 2014 7:35 AM by RayNichol

Formatting export od text file to Title Case

RayNichol

Title

Formatting export od text file to Title Case

Hi, 

Does anyone know a way fo converting lower case text, (input by lazy txtr's), in lower case, to Title case?

Just looking for a quick way of making my address labels look beter, especially Postcodes, without having to manually change each one. 

Have tried 'TextAddStyle' with no luck, can use formatting within Filemaker but for this job I need to export to a TextEdit file.

Thanks 

• 1. Re: Formatting export od text file to Title Case
          philmodjunk

When you export the text, you should find an option to use the layout's formatting to format the exported text.

If you want to change the actual data, add an auto-enter calculation to the field's definition:

Proper ( Self )

and clear the "do not replace existing values" option.

Since this change will only apply to new records and old records when the field is edited, you can use Replace Field Contents with the Proper function to update all existing records.

• 2. Re: Formatting export od text file to Title Case
            RayNichol

Hi Phil, 

Thanks for the help. 

Have never tried that one before but it will work a treat I think. Not tried it on a Postcode yet. 

Quita a good way to do it too, it wil;l change that data on entry and store it that way. 

Brilliant...