Formatting Phone number

JohnBuono

Title

Formatting Phone number

I tried to format a phone number using 

Creating a Data Input Mask for Formatting Telephone Numbers

This is what I used

•                
        PhoneNumber (Text) [Set the validation to numeric only, with the max number of characters being set to 10]  Deselect "Allow user to override data in this field"

•           
      •                
        Masking (Calculation: Text) [Make sure to uncheck the field that states “Do not evaluate if all referenced fields are empty] 

•      

Set the calculation equal to:

Choose(Length(PhoneNumber);
                     "(###)###-####";
                     "("&PhoneNumber&"##)###-####";
                     "("&PhoneNumber&"#)###-####";
                     "("&PhoneNumber&")###-####";
                     "("&Left(PhoneNumber;3)&")"&Middle(PhoneNumber;4;1)&"##-####";
                     "("&Left(PhoneNumber;3)&")"&Middle(PhoneNumber;4;2)&"#-####";
                     "("&Left(PhoneNumber;3)&")"&Middle(PhoneNumber;4;3)&"-####";
                     "("&Left(PhoneNumber;3)&")"&Middle(PhoneNumber;4;3)&"-"&Middle(PhoneNumber;7;1)&"###";
                     "("&Left(PhoneNumber;3)&")"&Middle(PhoneNumber;4;3)&"-"&Middle(PhoneNumber;7;2)&"##";
                     "("&Left(PhoneNumber;3)&")"&Middle(PhoneNumber;4;3)&"-"&Middle(PhoneNumber;7;3)&"#";
                     "("&Left(PhoneNumber;3)&")"&Middl

and it does nothing.  I copied and pasted the example, but when I input a phone number nothing happens.  Any idea what I am doing wrong? I followed the instruction exactly.  At least I thought I did.