AnsweredAssumed Answered

formatting text labels and/or fields through script

Question asked by kmmikule on Sep 27, 2011
Latest reply on Sep 27, 2011 by kmmikule

Title

formatting text labels and/or fields through script

Hi,

I am working on my first web-compatible database, and realized that conditional formatting does not show up on a web-based system (please correct me if I am wrong!). I was hoping someone could explain how to change the font color of a text label.

So pretty much, I have a form for users to fill out. If the users miss some essential fields, I just want to highlight them red so they can see what they missed. I have a bunch of fields with corresponding labels (eg. name, phone number, email, etc). So I would be happy if either I could turn the text label red or highlight the background color of the field or some other approach. I am really not picky about exactly how this will work--whatever is easiest actually.

This is a trivial process with conditional formatting, but again, I have to do this through a script so that it is web compatible. In the script commands, I saw instructions to change color/style of text, but I was unable to get results. An example of how this would be used (if indeed this is the correct approach) would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks very much for your time!

Outcomes