1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 22, 2011 8:51 PM by ralvy

Formatting the date symbol

ralvy

Title

Formatting the date symbol

In one layout, I have the date symbol in my Title Header and also in my Header. I notice that the format of the first one, when printed, is February 22, 2011. However the second one prints as 2-22-11. I created these two different objects in FM10. If I load the solution in FM10 and right click on either of these objects, I see how I formatted them differently using the Date Format option.

However, if I load the solution in in FM11 v3, I don't see any way to change their Date Formats at all. Inspector shows no discernable difference between them at all in the Data section. And the Format dropdown menu offers no Date Format options.

Am I missing something here?

• 1. Re: Formatting the date symbol
          ralvy

A friend in a local user group just pointed out to me that there are tabs in the Data section of Inspector. Never noticed them because, until this moment, Inspector always picked the right data type for a field. But with things like the data symbol, you need to manually select the field type among the possible tabs in the Data section of Inspector.