5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 10, 2009 1:35 PM by philmodjunk

Found contacts and related contacts

techccaq

Title

Found contacts and related contacts

Hello,

We have 2 tables:  Customers and customers related.

In customers tables, I have a person called Roger Harris.  In customers related, For this particular contacts, I have two related contacts:  Brenda Harris and Jasmine Harris. etc...

I already have a calculation field to calculate my customers.

I use the customers table to show information for my

------------------------- 

My reports looks like

Customers Total :  11

Customers : 4

Name                                 Related 

Harris,Roger                        Harris, Brenda

Harris, Jasmine

Brooks, Tony                       Brooks,Linda

Brooks, Eve

Brooks, Tommy

Preston, Joe                       

Carter, Tom                        Carter, Jessy

Carter, Frank

-----------------------------------------------------

I would like to know how many customers I have.  In this situation, I have 4 customers.  I have the calculation field for that and I have a full total.

I also want the total of all.  In this situation, I should have 11 customers total.

My problem is when I launch the browse mode, I see 11 customers total if I select the last record.  If I select the first record, I only see the 6 record:  4 record for customers and 6 for customer total.

In Preview Mode, I see 4 customers and 9 customers related on first page but I'm unable to reach 11 customers related on second page. 

In my preview mode, I have a header, Body and Foother.

Is it possible to have the right number in the preview mode, on all the pages.

• 1. Re: Found contacts and related contacts
          philmodjunk
             There's more than one way to "count" the records. Please describe the method you've used. Otherwise, there's no way to tell you why it's not working the way you expect.
          • 2. Re: Found contacts and related contacts
            techccaq

In my layout customers, I have a field called Last_Name_FirstName.

I have a portal which have a field called customer_related::LastName_FirstName_Customers_Related.

To get the right number of customers, I use this summary field : Count of Last_Name_FirstName, Running Count and summarize repetitions to "All Together"

To find the number of customers_related, I use some other field:

I create a calculation field called TotalCustomers_related1 which contains Count (customer_related::Last_Name_FirstName)

I create a summary field called Total_customers_related2 which contains Total of TotalCustomers_related1, Running Count and summarize repetitions to "All Together"

So, in browse mode, everything shows good information.  In preview, It calculate only the first record.

• 3. Re: Found contacts and related contacts
              philmodjunk

In layout mode, double click the layout part label that says header and change this part to "leading grand summary". See if that previews correctly.

Note: your window will scroll differently after this change. If you still want the window to scroll as it did before, (With the first part staying put while the rest scrolls), you'll need to create two layouts, one for browse and one for printing/preview/PDF purposes.

• 4. Re: Found contacts and related contacts
                techccaq

Even with the leading Grand Summary, I still have the incorrect number.

I have something strange.  If I Use my two field separately, I have this:

Customers : 4

Customers_Related: 7

Customers Total : 5

The calculation field customers total equal Customers + customers_Related. 

• 5. Re: Found contacts and related contacts
                  philmodjunk
                     I could be wrong, but I think the "running count" option is the source of your trouble. Clear that option and see what happens. If this is the only report where you use this field, that option is not needed anyway.