4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 4, 2012 9:54 AM by philmodjunk

Found Sets - Show All Records

ChrisSmythe

Title

Found Sets - Show All Records

Hello, I am using FileMaker Pro v12 on Windows XP and have created a simple script to import data from a spreadsheet.

The import works well.  However, I have to click on the round button next to the text "63032 Total (unsorted)" and then the Show All Button appears.  I then click on the Show All Button and everything is fine.

When I run my mouse-curser over the round button, the following bubble-message appears:

"click to show only those records that are not in the current found set".

The screen-shot was taken in Emergency Contacts Layout --- which is where I click on the round button and then click on the Show All Records button.

I would like my script to be modified to do this automatically.  Can any one please help with this?

Kind regards,

Chris :)

EC.jpg

• 1. Re: Found Sets - Show All Records
          philmodjunk

I'm not sure which you want to do:

1) show All the records in your table, both those just imported or

2) Show all records except those just imported

Your script already uses Show All records, so getting that result, (1) should not be a problem.if yoiu want (2), then use the show omitted Only step.

But you change layouts twice. Why?

If you want to show all records or omitted only on the Import Data from PMKeyS layout, include the appropriate script step for that AFTER you use go to layout to change to that layout.

• 2. Re: Found Sets - Show All Records
            ChrisSmythe

Hello PhilModJunk,

Sorry about the confusion - my fault.

I am importing new records from a spreadsheet and when I go into the Emergency Contacts Layout (please see attached screen-shot) it shows record 31024 of 63032.  I want it to show all Emergency Contact records, including the ones that were in the database prior to the import.

To achieve this manually, I click on the round button and then I click on the Show All Records button.  As a result, it shows record 1 of 63032.

So, basically I wish to see all Emergency Contact records after the Emergency Contacts Import has completed.

I change the layouts twice because I thought (probably incorrectly) that the Show All Records command was Layout specific.

"If you want to show all records or omitted only on the Import Data from PMKeyS Layout, include the appropriate script step for that AFTER you use go to layout to change to that layout"

After the Import Data, I want the user to return back to the PMKeyS Layout.  So, do I use the Script Step: Show All Records after the Go To Layout step?

I have tried that before, but it did not seem to make any differnce?

I am not sure what Script Step is similar to clicking on the round button?

Kind regards,

Chris.

• 3. Re: Found Sets - Show All Records
              ChrisSmythe

Hello PhilModJunk,

I add the Script Step:

Go to Record/Request/Page [First]

It seems to work OK.

Kind regards,

Chris :)

• 4. Re: Found Sets - Show All Records
                philmodjunk

Show All Records IS layout specific, or rather it is specific to the table occurrence specified for the layout in layout setup. Since you were doing a show all records then changing layouts to a layout based on another table, the results of that show all records won't be visible to the user unless they navigated back to that layout so that they could see those records.

The fact that Go to Record/Request/Page [First] "works" would seem to indicate that you are in form view and thus can only see one record at a time. In which case, show all records is doing what it is supposed to do, but it does not change which record is the current record so the only immediatly visible change is what you see in the status area. If you have a found set of just some of the records in the layout's table you'll see a fraction such as 4 / 2000 to show that you have a found set of 4 records out of 2000 in the table. So if you selected Show All Records while in form view, the only change that you see is for 4 / 2000 to become 2000 in the status area.