3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 8, 2010 6:15 AM by Steve Wright

fp7 file not supported on Pro 10.0v3

puigo

Title

fp7 file not supported on Pro 10.0v3

I am trying to open the exercise files that came with "Master the essentials of FileMaker 9" (from FM Training Series) and I cannot.  I get the error message "Your current version, Pro 10.0v3, is not supported by this file".

The reference I found online says that files from FM 9 should be compatible with FM 10...

Is there any way I can make these files work with FM10 ?

Thanks, Fernando

PS: I am working with  FM Pro 10 under Win XP Prof

• 1. Re: fp7 file not supported on Pro 10.0v3
          Steve Wright

It sounds to me like the fp7 file has a script which checks the filemaker version.

Yet they have failed to allow it to recognise later releases,

I've not used or looked at the training series, if it is not made by Filemaker, you may want to contact the solution provider directly and ask them to change the startup behaviour.

If you have FM Pro Advanced, you can open the file using Script Debugger and bypass this step, if its not locked which I assume not.

• 2. Re: fp7 file not supported on Pro 10.0v3
            puigo

Well, the "The Training Series" is a FileMaker Inc product... unfortunately, the FM version I have is not Pro Advanced...

Thanks, anyhow.

• 3. Re: fp7 file not supported on Pro 10.0v3
              Steve Wright

Just to be clear, do you see the file open when you get this message,

i.e can you see the layout in the background before it closes

If so, its definatly scripted behaviour. 
              In fact, If I remember correctly one version of the Business Productivity Kit had the same behaviour.

Perhaps its a technique to help sell the later versions of the training series, specifically for the version in use.