Free Real Estate Agent Solution Project
I hope to connect here with other FM experts and other real estate agents who are looking for a good Mac solution to keep track of their prospects, clients and transactions as agents.
There is no low-cost CRM solution for agents like me where I can control only the information I wish to see without all the other bells and whistles that I do not need. The last solution that made sense was ACT about 15 years ago- but they are non-existent for Mac. I see awesome-looking products such as R.E.S.T. and Core 4 based on FMP framework but they are 1.) too expensive for me, 2.) locked.
I do not need:
- Live ODBC connections to the MLS
- Live connections to web pages or web data
- Auto fill connections to Zillow, Trulia and Craigslist
- Integration into my iCal and Mail is not crucial buy would like to consider that for the future
I simply wish to see all the details of my clients in a single view with tabbed portals taking me to other relevant information about that client and their transaction. Practically speaking- I wish for this FM solution to hold me accountable to performing the steps required for each transaction.
Here are the main functions I need in my solution:
- Information about my contacts (customers, vendors, prospects) and their family members (family relationship, birthdays, anniversary, pets)
- Information about vendors such as lenders, inspectors, title companies along with their representatives (included in the CONTACT table, I presume).
- Transaction checklist making sure that I complete every step in a multi-step process for that client. Applies to BUYERS or SELLERS.
- Listing checklist making sure that I complete every step in a multi-step process for that client. Applies to SELLERS.
- Detailed information about property that I manually enter for each record.
Present buyers may become future sellers. Contacts may have multiple roles in my business over time or at the same time. Example: A vendor such a Mortgage Rep working for a lender may also be my BUYING CLIENT.
SIMPLE LAYOUT- see pic
My ERD is where I'm struggling. I haven't yet figure out the relationships between tables and table occurances. Attached is what I have so far but I'm stumped.
The Zip Code table should be accessible by all vendors and contacts and companies.