AnsweredAssumed Answered

Free Real Estate Agent Solution Project

Question asked by MarkPerrine on Aug 16, 2014
Latest reply on Aug 16, 2014 by MarkPerrine

Title

Free Real Estate Agent Solution Project

I hope to connect here with other FM experts and other real estate agents who are looking for a good Mac solution to keep track of their prospects, clients and transactions as agents. 

My Dilemma

There is no low-cost CRM solution for agents like me where I can control only the information I wish to see without all the other bells and whistles that I do not need.  The last solution that made sense was ACT about 15 years ago- but they are non-existent for Mac.  I see awesome-looking products such as R.E.S.T. and Core 4 based on FMP framework but they are 1.) too expensive for me, 2.) locked.

I do not need:

•           Live ODBC connections to the MLS
  •      
  •           Live connections to web pages or web data
  •      
  •           Auto fill connections to Zillow, Trulia and Craigslist
  •      
  •           Integration into my iCal and Mail is not crucial buy would like to consider that for the future

My Wants

I simply wish to see all the details of my clients in a single view with tabbed portals taking me to other relevant information about that client and their transaction.  Practically speaking- I wish for this FM solution to hold me accountable to performing the steps required for each transaction.

Here are the main functions I need in my solution:

•           Information about my contacts (customers, vendors, prospects) and their family members (family relationship, birthdays, anniversary, pets)
  •      
  •           Information about vendors such as lenders, inspectors, title companies along with their representatives (included in the CONTACT table, I presume).
  •      
  •           Transaction checklist making sure that I complete every step in a multi-step process for that client. Applies to BUYERS or SELLERS.
  •      
  •           Listing checklist making sure that I complete every step in a multi-step process for that client.  Applies to SELLERS.
  •      
  •           Detailed information about property that I manually enter for each record.

Present buyers may become future sellers.  Contacts may have multiple roles in my business over time or at the same time.  Example:  A vendor such a Mortgage Rep working for a lender may also be my BUYING CLIENT.

SIMPLE LAYOUT- see pic

My ERD is where I'm struggling.  I haven't yet figure out the relationships between tables and table occurances.  Attached is what I have so far but  I'm stumped.

The Zip Code table should be accessible by all vendors and contacts and companies.

Screen_Shot_2014-08-16_at_10.58.58_AM.jpg

Outcomes