2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 26, 2015 1:07 AM by nickleback400

Frequancy Responce Graph

nickleback400

Title

Frequancy Responce Graph

Hello and thanks for looking at this.

I'm trying to do a frequency response graph from a table of better then 5000 points/ record

Each point represents the amplitude of a signal at a certain frequency. (see attached graph)

Id like to display this on a line graph. Is it possible to have a line graph that draws a line between more then 1 field on a graph?

(1 set of 5000 points per record)

Is this possible? If so can somebody point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance

Chuck

Capture.PNG

• 1. Re: Frequancy Responce Graph
          philmodjunk

How did you store 5,000 points of data in a single record? 5,000 fields (ick!)? 5,000 repetitions of the same field (ick again!)? 5,000 values all in the same field? If this last option then the values are separated by what character in that field?

You can get your chart with the delimited data data source option, but the details will depend on your answers to the above questions.

But a table of 5000 records, one for each data point offers options for analysis not easily done when the data is stored via one of the above methods all in one record.

• 2. Re: Frequancy Responce Graph
            nickleback400

Hello PhilModJunk and thanks for the reply.(Im a bit new to this,)

Sadly your first thought was correct, there are a little better then 5000 fields. (each sweep has 5243 frequency points and each frequency point is a field and each field contains the amplitude information) a bit like excel where the header name is the Frequency

Note:  

Frequency is in Hertz

Amplitude is in Decibels

(I know this is big but couldn't think of a better way to represent a frequency sweep) (I can reduce the number of points, divide by 4 or even 8 if I need to but the resolution starts to go.)

I'm open to a better table design though. I was thinking of using a big string (like you suggested above) but would also need to include frequency information so (<frequency1>, <amplitude1>),(<frequency2>, <amplitude2>),(<frequency3>, <amplitude3>),

.............(<frequencyN>, <amplitudeN>)

What do you think?

Chuck