AnsweredAssumed Answered

Frequency Calculation for Graph

Question asked by productionQC on Dec 3, 2012
Latest reply on Dec 3, 2012 by productionQC

Title

Frequency Calculation for Graph

Hello All-

I have a database that contains all of our products.  We test each of our products multiple times all year long.  I have the database setup to record SAMPLES taken from PRODUCTS. Thus I have two tables, PRODUCTS and SAMPLES.  What I need to accomplish is to chart a Distribution Curve based on each product and its results.  So far I have been trying to figure out a way to calculate the FREQUENCY in the database, much the same as the FREQUENCY command in Excel.  I can't seem to find a similar function.  Is there another way?  What I would like to know is the FREQUENCY in which particular test result appears for each product.  For example:  We test a sample which provides a strength number.  If product "A" has 300 samples in the last year, then we have 300 strengths.  Therefore, we need to know how many times for Product "A" that the strength was 15 and 14 and 10 and and and...to form a frequency.

We then need to repeat this for Product "B" and so on...  Thus, for every product we can produce a distribution chart using our mean and standard deviation.  

Are we going about this the right way, or is there and easier way to produce this chart/graph

Thank you.

Outcomes