AnsweredAssumed Answered

Freshly purchased copy of FileMaker Pro 14 crashes at launch

Question asked by DavidFeng on Jul 11, 2015
Latest reply on Jul 11, 2015 by schamblee

Title

Freshly purchased copy of FileMaker Pro 14 crashes at launch

I'm sorry to report a very disappointing case here where a freshly purchased & downloaded copy of FileMaker Pro 14 crashed at launch. The serial number was keyed in at installation, and registration was completed. I next proceeded to launch the app (version 14.0.1) on a MacBook Pro 15-inch (Retina) running OS X 10.9.5, and at launch, proceeded to enter the license key again. Right after entering it and clicking OK, the app quit on its own (it would do the same even if I attempted to use it in Trial version). I later realised there might have been font issues (after googling about this), so I went ahead and removed any and all fonts Font Book said was causing headaches. Following a restart and more tweaking, including a re-installation of the app, I am sorry and disappointed to report no progress has been made. Any assistance will be much appreciated. It is extremely frustrating to pay for a legit copy, only to find that this was in essence a dead-upon-arrival install.

Update: Twice have I tried to restore the standard set via Font Book, then at least try using the new software in Trial mode. Also twice have I purged the Preferences file. All this sadly to no avail.

Outcomes