4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 28, 2013 11:00 AM by philmodjunk

From Browse to Preview Mode, Adjustment of Margins

JeromeSimons

Title

From Browse to Preview Mode, Adjustment of Margins

Dear All,

I have a problem when switching from browse to preview mode. I made a chart that seems to extend beyond some dashed line on a layout.

When I click on "preview", the chart shrinks down to the dimensions of the dashed line (screenshots). How can I change the dimensions there?

Ideally, I would have the chart be as large as possible on screen and be resized to fit on a landscape letter page when printed.

My two screenshots show the difference.

I would greatly appreciate your help.

Kind regards,

Jerome

before2.jpg

• 1. Re: From Browse to Preview Mode, Adjustment of Margins
          philmodjunk

That dashed line is there to show you the limits of the printable area. Horizontal ones show where a page break will occurr. Vertical ones show that objects to the left of it will print and objects to the right of it will not--as you have discovered.

You cannot directly move that line as it uses the settings for page size and orientation in print setup to determine where to place it. Thus when designing a layout that will be printed, it is helpful to first select the printer, page size and page orientation in order to get that line positioned in the correct spot. Then you can size and position the objects on your layout to fit to the left of that line.

Thus you have two options: Use a different page size and/or orientation or redesign your layout to size everything small enough to fit to the left of the line.

• 2. Re: From Browse to Preview Mode, Adjustment of Margins
            JeromeSimons

Thank you so much!

So, how could I then change the printer/page size? I have been looking all around the menus but could not find it.

Kind regards,

Jerome

• 3. Re: From Browse to Preview Mode, Adjustment of Margins
              JeromeSimons

I also realized that the ensuing PDF has 64 pages. Is there a way to avoid this?

I think it is a good feature of FM but I would like to use it to generate on-screen PDFs or as an object to be pasted into MS Word.

Thank you so much!

Jerome

• 4. Re: From Browse to Preview Mode, Adjustment of Margins
                philmodjunk

how could I then change the printer/page size?

Open Print setup where you can select landscape orientation and legal sized paper.

I also realized that the ensuing PDF has 64 pages

I've answered that in what I believe was a second thread created by you. When you print or save as PDF, specfiy Current Records to limit your out put to a single record.