1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 24, 2012 10:03 AM by philmodjunk

From FM11 to FM12 Now Running Very Slow

Jtmwalk

Title

From FM11 to FM12 Now Running Very Slow

I recently loaded FM12 and was running FM11.  This is a new design and FM11's screens, reports, in/out of design were all 'snapping' from window to window.  Now that I have upgraded to FM12, I am getting constant hour glasses, screens are freezing blank for anywhere from 10-30 seconds before completing the mode or screen switch.  Also as this is a new program still in design process, I am only working with about 10 records to beta test, and all the find functions in FM12 are showing the Find Progress bar and taking awhile to load and switch.  I am concerned that once I put live data in this with about 10,000 plus records, my employees will all take early retirement.

I increased the cache thinking it would have some effect, to no avail.

I must be missing something quite simple, I hope.

Can anyone help me resolve this speed issue?

Thank you all in advance.

• 1. Re: From FM11 to FM12 Now Running Very Slow
          philmodjunk

FileMaker 12, is slower that FileMaker 11 and there a cases where this forces constraints on the design of your database that did not exist with FileMaker 11. The v2 update for FileMaker 12 improved on some of these performance related issues so make sure that you have downloaded and installed the free update, but even with that update, you may find some aspects are still much slower than FileMaker 11.