AnsweredAssumed Answered

Full Access Privileges Being Denied Access

Question asked by garyjones on May 15, 2014
Latest reply on May 24, 2014 by garyjones

Title

Full Access Privileges Being Denied Access

Hi,

This is driving me bonkers. I have built a project management tool that's intended to be accessed by two users. It consists of several files, some of which have a few tables. The security profile of each file consists of three entitles - users 1 & 2 who have only read/write access and an admin who has full rights.

Within the tool is a file with a portal window that displays customer communication records stored within another file. Each customer communication record has a User_ID, or account name, assigned to it - based on the account that last modified the relevant record. The portal view filter is set so as to only show records relevant to the account name, or User_ID, that's logged in.

The User_ID field is displayed within the previously mentioned portal window as a drop down menu - where the menu contains the names of each User_ID. The objective being that one user can select the other user from the drop down menu and effectively assign them the customer. The tool was designed just using a guest log-in and worked fine. 

This evening I have set up the three security profiles mentioned above to test the functionality and add some further features. Unfortunately, when I try to assign a new user to a record - as an Administrator with full rights - I get the error message shown in the attached file.

I don't understand why I am getting this message firstly, as only I am signed in - as an administrator all scripts have full access privileges but also because once the message is closed a visit to the portal relationship file shows the changes have been made.

This obviously has something to do with creating user profiles etc but I can't see what. All help appreciated before I go mad. Thanks as always.

Gary

Error.png

Outcomes