1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 27, 2014 6:11 AM by philmodjunk

Further Photo link question

symbister

Title

Further Photo link question

following on from Xman's previous post, I have a different and seemingly more complex issue..

We receive artistic proposals from a number of artists - on this occasion 93, so I have 93 folders, named for the artist, containing up to 10 images each.

I'm trying to construct a db to display these images on a layout, with ten container fields for each artist's record.

Is it possible to import all those relevant images, matching by name, into the ten image container fields? ideally as clickable thumbnails, that then opens the image in Preview

(Mac OS X, FMP 11)

• 1. Re: Further Photo link question
          philmodjunk

Import Records | Folder can import all of the image files into container fields one container field image to each record created by the import. The same import can populate a text field in the same table with the file name if you find that to be useful.

Once you have imported the records in a folder, Replace Field contents can be used to update a match field so that they all link to the same artist record. Then a portal can be used to display the imported image files.