1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 13, 2013 4:21 PM by philmodjunk

Gaming convention DB

costa_1

Title

Gaming convention DB

I'm trying to develop a database to manage a boardgaming convention. Until now i've been using a linux app called "Tellico" that does a decent job but i need something more easy to use, that will allow me to extract statistics and that has easier data imput. I'm kinda new with FileMaker and i'll be needing some assistence if there's someone out there that doesn't mind having me putting out my doubts :)

What i want to do is a database that manages all the people that comes to our convention; the huge list of games that compose our "library" and of course the request of games.

I need to know:
           - WHO took WHICH game;
           - WHICH games belongs to who;
           - WHERE in the library i put the game;

and also all sorts of reports like: WHICH games are beeing played...

Will anyone assist me in this job? Is there already any DB done that might fulfill my needs?

Thanks in advance ;)

• 1. Re: Gaming convention DB
          philmodjunk

Are you prepared to invest time and possibly some dollars in learning how to create a FileMaker Database? There are many training resources available including books and videos--some that can be found on YouTube.

These provide a 'general' foundation for working more effectively with FileMaker.

We'll be glad to help out here in this forum. But a forum like this is best suited to answering specific questions as you encounter issues with your database design efforts.

I recommend that you try to keep your questions as specific as possible for that reason.

You also may want to read this thread here in this forum: Please Help Us to Help You... as it provides suggestions on how to get the most out of your requests when you post them here.