3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 14, 2014 6:34 AM by philmodjunk

Generate a given number of portal rows automaticaly

DevlinDean

Title

Generate a given number of portal rows automaticaly

I have A table ACTIVITIES and a table PARTICIPANTS.

I create multiple activities for a chosen number of participants.

Say a initiate a new activity for those of my participants who are single.  Assume 30 of my 200 participants are single.

I will create a layout based on the ACTIVITIES table and then have a portal where I will add one by one my 30 participants who respond to the criteria ''single''.   (so in this case, a 30 row portal)

Is there a way to generate the creation of the 30 rows needed instead of adding them manually one by one?

• 1. Re: Generate a given number of portal rows automaticaly
          RickWhitelaw

If your relationship between the main layout table  and the portal table is correct you shouldn't need to create portal rows at all. You would have other fields in the portal row that need to be filled, but the portal itself simply displays records from a related table.

• 2. Re: Generate a given number of portal rows automaticaly
            DevlinDean

I have little experience but I have never seen portal rows create themselves.

Whatever the quality of the Relationship, there must be precise steps and conditions to follow.

If this is of intermediate or expert level, I will keep on doing it manually.

• 3. Re: Generate a given number of portal rows automaticaly
              philmodjunk

What Rick is suggesting, I think is that a relationship using the marital status could link automatically to all 30 participants record with no need to create any records.

But I suspect that doesn't fit what you need to happen in your database.

Could it be that you have a many to many relationship with a join table between Activities and Participants and that you are trying to create a set of records in the Join table that link a specific group of Participants to the current Activity?

If so, such can be scripted.