AnsweredAssumed Answered

Generate Sorted List from Field Values

Question asked by ultranix on Apr 14, 2015
Latest reply on Apr 15, 2015 by philmodjunk

Title

Generate Sorted List from Field Values

I have fields h0, h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, h7, l0, l1, l2, l3, l4, l5, l6, l7, l8. Total - 16 fields with values. Those numbers are similar, so I want to get 3 most similar number pairs (or there may be 3 very similar numbers) out of those 16. I propose my own thought process of how can this be achieved (just don't know how to implement it in Filemaker). If you know any easier way - let me know, it doesn't matter how, it only matters that it is accomplished. so Let's start:

1) I would like to make a list of all those h0, h1, etc. values and sort it from the largest to smallest. I will add Excel screenshot for explanation.

2) Then I would like to 'compare' those numbers (1st with 2nd, 2nd with 3rd, 3rd with 4th adding and subtracting 0,11% and if, as you see in example picture 7th number's lower part (with -0,11%) is lower than 8th number's higher part (with +0,11%) or 41,23 < 41,30, then the pair is considered similar.

3) List the smaller number of the pair for the output, space delimited, in my example, output should be: "42,74 41,25 40,68"

My highest issue here is get those 16 numbers to the list and sort. So how could I do that?

Outcomes