3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 4, 2014 11:52 AM by MarkStruck_1

Generating a excel like report

DanielGordon_1

Title

Generating a excel like report

Hi,

I have a database whereby our clients activity in each Country is displayed per record.

I now need to inset a large number of records and associate this with each Country record. The problem that I have encountered is that the new data is only being displayed on a per record basis, I need it to show in a table similar to excel.

Example, currently I can only see 1 Invoice number that relates to the specific record, instead of 28 that relate to the specific Country record.

My question is, is there a way to create a portal/table that acts like Excel and will show all the lines that I have imported instead of one?

Many thanks,

Daniel

• 1. Re: Generating a excel like report
          SteveMartino

A screenshot would be helpful.  A few ideas--I guess printing it in table view doesn't help? Keeping in mind if you right-click any of the top labels you can do some ad hoc sorting and reporting.

What did you try with a report layout?  Have you tried using a report layout without the body part, using only sub-summary parts?  Have you investigated cross-tab reporting?

• 2. Re: Generating a excel like report
            philmodjunk

If you have linked your two tables, Country and Invoices in the correct relationship, you have two options:

On Country you can add a portal to Invoices to list all invoices that are linked to that country

On Invoices, you can set up a list or table view layout that includes fields from both country and invoices.

• 3. Re: Generating a excel like report
              MarkStruck_1

Hi,

I have a similar question. I have managed to add sales data to each customer (main table) by "time of sale" and "actual sales" in a portal. Each record contains time of sale and sales in a horizontal fashion (i.e. by record). However, my colleagues are used to seeing aggregated data in a vertical fashion like in an Excel sheet: time of sale as one column heading and right next to it sales as another column heading.

I tried Reports to aggregate data but they come below each other and cannot be put next to each other, I suspect because of the nature records work. So I wonder how I can get an Excel like view? The obvious choice is to add for every customer a new field for every new time of sale and new sale but that cannot not be the solution. 

Thanks for any suggestion.

The issue:

Record:

season 1 sale 1

season 2 sale 2

Excel: 

season 1      season 2

sale 1           sale 2