AnsweredAssumed Answered

Generating an inspection report based on tables

Question asked by EdwardBatt on Nov 22, 2011
Latest reply on Nov 22, 2011 by philmodjunk

Title

Generating an inspection report based on tables

I have two tables:

One table contains step by step quality inspection plan (Table 1) for use by company inspectors. Each inspection plan is made up of multiple lines, but has a unique identifier. 

These inspection plans are intended to be used in inspection reports, so I have a corresponding table (table 2) which contains the inspection points for each line of the inspection plan. 

When an inspector wants to generate a report, he opens the reports table (table 2) and selects the report number, and the inspection plan number. The report automatically drags across the inspection plan steps and populates the first half of the table with the inspection steps required. The inspector can now simply fill in the checkboxes for the inspection points required for each line, and enter his comments for the report. So far great.

The problem is that I need to use the same plan multiple times, so every time another inspector uses the inspection plan a new report is generated, so each line of the report in table 2 should also pick up the unique report number. I cannot seem to get this to work. What I need to do seems relatively simple, but I simply cannot figure out how to make it work. Any help woudl be much appreciated. 

Outcomes