7 Replies Latest reply on Mar 31, 2011 8:31 AM by Terri

Get (CurrentDate) missing

Terri

Title

Get (CurrentDate) missing

This may sound crazy but I don't have the Get (CurrentDate) option in my script calculation function box. I had it months ago when I used it but now it isn't there. I have 18 get functions, but not that one. Does anyone have any ideas?

• 1. Re: Get (CurrentDate) missing
          raybaudi

What does appen if you write it into the calculation window ?

• 2. Re: Get (CurrentDate) missing
            Terri

Well, the script isn't working and I was hoping that was the culprit. These are the steps to my script:

Go to Layout ["WorkingDays" (WorkingDates)]

Go to Record/Request/Page [Last]

Loop

Exit Loop If [WorkingDates::DaysDate≥Date (12 ; 31 ; Year (Get (CurrentDate) + 1 ))]

Set Variable [$Date; Value::WorkingDates::DaysDate + 1 ]

New Record/Request

Set Field [WorkingDates::DaysDate; $Date ]

End Loop

Does that help?

• 3. Re: Get (CurrentDate) missing
              Frinholp

What are the 18 functions available?

Are you using FM Pro Advanced?

If so, try adding the expression  Get (CurrentDate) in the data viewer and evaluate now. What is the result?

Lee

• 4. Re: Get (CurrentDate) missing
                raybaudi

"Well, the script isn't working"

Try it this way:

Go to Layout [ "WorkingDays" (WorkingDates) ]
                Show All Records
                Go to Record/Request/Page [ Last ]
                Loop
                Set Variable [ $Date; Value: GetAsDate ( WorkingDates::DaysDate + 1 ) ]
                Exit Loop If [ $Date > Date ( 12 ; 31 ; Year ( Get ( CurrentDate ) + 1 ) ) ]
                New Record/Request
                Set Field [ WorkingDates::DaysDate ; $Date ]
                End Loop

• 5. Re: Get (CurrentDate) missing
                  philmodjunk

When selecting functions in the Specify calculation dialog Get functions are displayed a bit uniquely. If you just scroll through the list, you see a single entry for all Get functions: Get ( Flag ). If you select Get Functions from the drop down above this list, you'll then see the get function listed repeatedly with each possible parameter such as Get ( CurrentRecord ).

• 6. Re: Get (CurrentDate) missing
                    Frinholp

If you select Get Functions from the drop down above this list, you'll then see the get function listed repeatedly with each possible parameter such as Get ( CurrentRecord )

I was never aware of this. I have been using help and copy/paste to ensure correct spelling. Good pointer, it will save me an age.

Lee 

• 7. Re: Get (CurrentDate) missing
                      Terri

Thanks Phil,

Considering you help me create this animal in the first place I should have known you could help. (But thanks raybaudi and frinholp as well). Phil, maybe you remember this original problem (it has been a while). I was working on the auto fill which included a working days layout that automatically filled in the year's dates and indicated open or closed based on holidays or weekends. Auto-fill fields with calculation

Anyway, now that script works. Stay tuned for more questions because it appears the auto fill isn't working now.