AnsweredAssumed Answered

Get found count of records by year

Question asked by LeoB on Mar 11, 2011
Latest reply on Mar 19, 2011 by LeoB

Title

Get found count of records by year

The solution I'm working on has a main menu that takes the user to various types of records, reports, search layouts, etc.  This is to run without any FM toolbars, so all movements are scripted.

The solution has two main types of records (Activities and Issues).  There are scripted links to take the user to All Years, Current Year, and Previous Year.  Those all work fine.

However, next to the scripted links I am trying to put in a number field that shows how many records are in each category.  The only way I could figure out how to do this was to run a series of scripts on the main menu layout load that performed finds for each category, wrote the found count to a global field, and then the global field is displayed on the main menu.  Probably not the most elegant method, but it worked.

My problem is that in doing the find, I could not figure out how to get it to find records in the current year without specifying the year, something like */*/2010.  Thus, every year on 1 Jan I would have to modify the find to change the calendar years.

I know there has to be a more elegant way to do this, but I just cannot figure it out.

Any guidance to put me in the right direction would be appreciate.

Thanks.

Outcomes