Get full name from "open file" script and write to record/field
We are planning a file management system. Here is situation.
1. We have a lot of files and located in different folders. We need a file management system to manage it.
2. We will categorize all the files and save the file location and file name to a table. For example "FileSource" table record one:
"SKU" field = "TA111"
"Spec" Field = "C:\File\Spec\TA111Spec.pdf"
"Diagram"field = "C:\File\Diagram\Verson123\TA111Diagram.pdf""
Drawing" field = "C:\File\Drawing\Verson456\TA111Drawing.pdf"
"Issue" field = "C:\File\Issue\\TA111.doc"
3. We can enter the file full name manually, for example "C:\File\Spec\TA111Spec.pdf" to the "Spec" field of SKU "TA111" record.
4. And we can use script to open each file, by using "open URL" with the full file name, under "Query" layout which is associated with FileSource Table.
5. We would like to use "Open File" script user interface to locate the file and record the full file name ( directory with filename) to related record/field by script.
Q1: How can we get the full name from "open file" script?
Q2: And how can we write to related field?