2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 7, 2014 6:53 AM by lijnbach

Get number in value list

lijnbach

Title

Get number in value list

Hello everybody,

I think it will not be very difficult, but I can't figure it out.

If a user selects a value of a value list, I want to know if it is the first or the last value of the value list.

To make it easier for the user I have a button "select all" and then everything is selected form the first value until the last value. (Works all fine).  To make it even more easy, I want to give the fields another color if everything is selected, so the user can see immediately if all values are selected.

Thanks in advance,

Hans Lijnbach

• 1. Re: Get number in value list
          philmodjunk

To test if a specific value has been selected in a value list where multiple values are permitted:

Not IsEmpty ( FilterValues ( YourTable::Field ; "Value" ) )

Will be true only if "Value" is a value in the list of values entered/selected inf/for YourTable::Field.

To test and see if all values in the value list are selected:

ValueCount ( FilterValues ( YourTable::Field ; ValueListItems ( Get ( fileName ) ; "YourValueListNameInQuotesHere"  ) ) = ValueCount ( ValueListItems ( Get ( fileName ) ; "YourValueListNameInQuotesHere"  )

• 2. Re: Get number in value list
            lijnbach

Thanks for your support Phil,

My problem was "ValueListItems", couldn't find that function in Dutch, but thanks to your explanation I could find it.

Hans Lijnbach