4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 6, 2013 10:04 PM by symbister

Get(RecordNumber) help needed

shae1725

Title

Get(RecordNumber) help needed

Is it possible to have a calculation based on Get(RecordNumber) that will return the Record numbers in a related table

as 1 - 2 - 3 etc  

It works ok in a sorted portal ok -  but outside of this  I get eg; 345 - 367 - 400  (the unsorted tables record numbers )

• 1. Re: Get(RecordNumber) help needed
          SteveMartino

Is this what your looking for:

{{RecordNumber}} of {{FoundCount}} / {{TotalRecordCount}}

I use this in the header of all layouts & Hide the toolbar.  Always shows 1, 2, 3 of found count:

• 2. Re: Get(RecordNumber) help needed
            shae1725

Thanks steve

How do you compile for a calculation field? sorry I am pretty much an amateur

• 3. Re: Get(RecordNumber) help needed
              SteveMartino

Don't quite follow you.  Where are you seeing your random numbers. Is this a field on your layout like a primary or foreign key?  A screen shot or 2 may help.

If you just want a field to be a calculation field:  Manage Database>Fields tab.  Click on a field (highlight blue), then over at the bottom right of the window you see 'Type' drop down menu.  Change to calculation, and if you want to proceed after the warning, a calculation window will pop up.  From there you can do a calculation, and click Ok until you are all the way out.

Before you do that, let's make sure that's what you want to do before you change a field and lose some data.

Don't worry about asking questions.  I'm still new too, and people like to help.

• 4. Re: Get(RecordNumber) help needed
                symbister

You can also use the Insert>Record Number to include the record number symbol '@@' on your layouts, then define a field say, Found_Count as an unstored calculation = Get(FoundCount), type number and define another field, say Record_Count as an unstored calculation = Get(TotalRecordCount). then

to display your {{RecordNumber}} of {{FoundCount}} / {{TotalRecordCount}}

you then include @@ of Found_Count / Record_Count on your layout (Note...the 'of' and the slash are just text, the others are fields)

the @@ also works in portals, displaying the record number of the related records