Get(UUID) Speed vs Serial Number
Perhaps this question should be addressed to the engineers and perhaps Filemaker 12 has been optimized for the long string.
1) How will using Get(UUID) as a link relationships affect the speed of portals, searching and other common uses?
I am converting file to use Get(UUID) instead of the serialized ids so that my records won't have conflicts when imported from various devices during a sync, etc.
2) Has anyone done any large table testing on this for portals and searches?
3) Does the Get(UUID) face a sort or search problem because of its length?
4) Would it be wiser to roll my own using something like:
ComputerID & timestamp & ( serialnumber or random )
I suppose the answer might be that using get(uuid) could be used for any imported data from any source using its own UUID. So:
5) Is Filemaker's Get(UUID) it's own unique concept or does it conform to some uniform concept used by others?