6 Replies Latest reply on May 1, 2012 1:04 PM by philmodjunk

GetMap function in Contacts solution

cowtrax

Title

GetMap function in Contacts solution

Has anyone else noticed that the "GetMap" function (a custom function made in FM Advanced and in the "Contacts" solution that comes with FM12) returns the "county" into the city field.  I was trying to incorporate it into something I am working on but unless you have the advance version, you cant modify it.  Does anyone know if that has been fixed or have another function that does the same thing. (It retrieves your current location and places the address, city, state, zip and country into your data fields in a table).

thanks.

• 1. Re: GetMap function in Contacts solution
          philmodjunk

GetMap returns the URL needed for the web viewer to query google maps and display the location of an address entered in the address fields.

There isn't any "county" field that I can see. Did you mean country?

When I test this by entering my address on the contact details layout--both in the work and home address fields, the wet viewers on this layout correctly map the location and I don't see any indication that "country" was entered into the "city" field.

Exactly what layout were you working with were you found this substitution taking place?

• 2. Re: GetMap function in Contacts solution
            cowtrax

if you type in the data, it works fine.  When it is on the iphone and you press the arrow pointing up and to the right next to the "working address", it asks if you want to replace what you typed in.  When you say yes, it gets your current location using the "location find" feature of the iphone.  The data placed in the "city" field is the county in which you are located in, not the city.  The map displays it correctly but the data is incorrect.  The county must be a piece of data that is returned and is being put into the city field.

This is in the "Contact Details | iPhone" layout.

thanks.

• 3. Re: GetMap function in Contacts solution
              cowtrax

It appears to me the problem is in the "find my location" script.  I think it is in that area where the wrong data is being set.

• 4. Re: GetMap function in Contacts solution
                philmodjunk

Which has nothing to do with the Getmap custom function as far as I can see...

• 5. Re: GetMap function in Contacts solution
                  cowtrax

i agree with you, the problems is in Find my location, i think and it is feeding the wrong data (county instead of city) to the getmap function.  do you agree?

• 6. Re: GetMap function in Contacts solution
                    philmodjunk

There is no getmap function used by Find my location. It uses a different function and isn't one I can test. If you mean that you see a county in the city field of one of the two sets of address fields here, then yes, that will feed the wrong data into the get map function that maps your location.