3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 28, 2010 5:09 AM by MiloMV

Getting a total value for records called into a portal

MiloMV

Title

Getting a total value for records called into a portal

I apologise if this has been covered elsewhere but I cannot find the answer. I have created a database for our foundation to keep track of single and multiple donations given by our patrons. It has two tables: 1) DONORS, which holds all the donner contact information. 2) DONATIONS, which holds the donations given with a "Date Received" field and and "Amount" field as well as the match field for the Donors table.

I have linked the two tables with a match field and opened a portal in the DONORS table that lists all the dates and donation amounts brought in from the DONATIONS table. I have it set up so you can enter the date and donation amount right in the portal on the DONOR table and it creates the corresponding record in the DONATIONS database.

What I want to do is be able to have a grand total amount of all the donations a patron gave right on his/her record. I would like to have a field in the DONORS database underneath the portal showing the total amount of all that client's donations (which are listed in the portal above and are actually records in the DONATIONS table). The total must be only for donations for the patron whose record is being displayed.

Could someone tell me if this is possible and how to do that. Thank you very, very much.